Part of the Beaumont-Port Arthur Metropolitan Area, the county seat of Hardin County is Kountze, which was named for the family of WIlliam Hardin. The population of Harris as of 2010 was over 54,000 people. Unfortunately, there are a number of ways in which individuals in Hardin County can be injured.
There are many locations in Hardin County where work accidents can occur including Hardin County Tractor, Silsbee Water Department, Armour General Contractors, and South Hampton Resources Incorporated, Lumberton Municipal Utility District, Batson Lumber Company, Kountze Feed Supply, Mac Constructors, and Vulcan Materials Company. Each year, there are a variety of work injuries and accidents that occur in Hardin County with the worst cases even including death. Some of the accidents that have occurred in Hardin County include:
- In 2017, the Southern Wholesale warehouse on Highway 96 caught on fire and could have severely hurt workers.
- In 2017, a Hardin County well worker at at Slatex Well Service fell to his death from an elevated height while working on an oil well.
Vehicle Accidents in Hardin County
There are many major highways in Hardin County including US HIghway 69, US Highway 287, US Highway 96, State Highway 105, State Highway 326, and State Highway 327. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there were 3 fatalities due to accidents in Hardin County. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, a motorcyclist in Hardin County died when the motorcycle crossed a line of traffic and struck by an oncoming car.
- Also in 2016, a truck driver collided with another car causing the eighteen wheeler to rollover and killed the driver. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Hardin County..
- In 2017, a toddler died from injuries occurred due to a three vehicle collision in Hardin County. If you are injured in a car accident in Hardin County, a skilled attorney can prove to be particularly helpful.
Two of the industries in Hardin County include Hardin County Industries and Hardin County Quarry.Each year there are a number of industrial accidents in Hardin County. Some of the most common types of injuries include damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord . Some examples of these accidents including the following:
- In 2016, a son and his father were killed at FreeFlow Service while cleaning an eighteen wheeler, which run over the two men.
- In 2016, a worker at Vulcan Materials Company quarry was killed when a rock fell on a piece of equipment that the man was operating.
Hardin County Medical Malpractice
There are two major medical centers in Hardin County: the Hardin Medical Center on Wayne Road and Hardin County Hospital. Unfortunately, medical malpractice has been known to occur at all medical facilities. Medical malpractice refers to any negligent act performed by medical staff that can result in the death or serious injury of an individual. It is estimated that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States with reports estimating that over 200,000 individuals die each year due to medical malpractice. An experienced medical malpractice attorney can help individuals receive compensation.
Toxic Substances in Hardin County
The Hardin County Landfill is one of the toxic waste disposal sites in Hardin County.There are a variety of substances in Hardin County that can seriously injure workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Workplace exposure to asbestos can increase the risk of several catastrophic illnesses including lung cancer, asbestosis, and diseases of the larynx, lungs, kidney, and other internal organs. In 2014, inspectors found asbestos during expansion of the Hardin County courthouse. While asbestos was once used for insulation, when asbestos particles break away they can be easily inhaled and cause damage to workers.
- A malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently require the help of a mesothelioma lawyer. Texas has many chemical factories, power plants, and shipyards that result in workers contracting mesothelioma.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene is a known cause of various kinds of acute and chronic leukemia as well acute and chronic leukemia in addition to non Hodgkin’s lymphoma and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop. In 2016, Anellotech, a sustainable technology company broke ground in Hardin County which will expose workers to benzene.
Obtain the Assistance of a Hardin County Attorney
If you are injured while on the job in Hardin County, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Hardin County Attorney.