Located in Liberty County, Dayton had a population of over 7,242 individuals at the time of the 2010 census. Lumbering and cattle raising were the primary industries in Dayton until a drainage system was established for rice cropping. American Rice Growers Association and SeaBerg Rice Industrial still harvest rice crops in the area.
Unfortunately a number of industrial accidents occur in Dayton each year involving damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord . Some of the companies located in Dayton include McCoy’s Building Supply, Global Tubing LLC, Insteel Wire Products, Campbell Concrete and Materials, White Oak Trails, Serve Pro Constructors, Croft Construction Company, Agribiofuels LLC, Huntsman Corporation, DARF Fabrication, Better Homes Building, LRC, Love’s Remodel and Construction, Nato Drywall Incorporated, Coastal Water Authority, J Rollings Construction Incorporated, DeJohn Logging Company, and CMC Railroad. Some of the most recent industrial accidents that have occurred include the following:
- In 2000, a worker for Insteel Wire Products was killed. At the time of the accident, the worker was working in a wire drawing area and preparing a bale of wire when a machine’s lights and alarms became alerted. The worker left the work area to shutdown the machine and eventually entered the hazardous area to determine what was wrong. Tension placed on the welding machine caused it to overturn pinning the worker against a stand. Ultimately, the worker died from a fractured neck and other injuries.
- In 2013, a construction worker was injured in an accident at McCoy’s Building Supply. The injury occurred when the worker was crushed between a truck and a forklift. At the time of the accident, the worker was unloading sheetrock. The work was ultimately flown to a Houston hospital, but died there.
Car Accidents in Dayton
The major route passing through Dayton is US Highway 90. Within the city of Dayton, there is also SH 321 or North Cleveland Street. SH 146 also provides Dayton with Bayton and FM 1960 connects Dayton to the northern part of Houston. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there were two fatalities in Liberty County that resulted in the death of motorists. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, an accident involving an eighteen wheeler resulted in the death of a motor vehicle passenger. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Dayton.
- In 2016, a head on collision in Dayton resulted in the death of a car operator.
- In 2014, a motorcyclist was killed in an accident in Dayton.
- In 2017, a constable in Dayton was seriously injured after being hit by a car while directing traffic at the intersection of FM 1413 and Highway 146. violent crash in Dayton that left a Liberty Co. constable in the hospital. The constable was ultimately placed in critical care due to bleeding on the brain.
Dayton Medical Malpractice
Liberty Dayton Regional Medical Center is one of the closest medical facilities in Dayton.
Unfortunately, medical malpractice has been known to occur at all medical facilities. Medical malpractice refers to any negligent act performed by medical staff that can result in the death or serious injury of an individual. It is estimated that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States with reports estimating that over 200,000 individuals die each year due to medical malpractice. An experienced medical malpractice attorney can help individuals receive compensation.
Dayton workers are exposed to a variety of hazardous conditions include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, and lung cancer. Statistics reveal that there 77 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Liberty County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer. Fibreboard Paper Product Corporation is one of the many companies in the area that has been known to expose workers to the risk of mesothelioma.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Contact a Dayton Attorney
If you are injured in an accident in Dayton, do not hesitate to contact a talented attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.