Located in Chambers County, Beach City had a population of 2,198 at the time of the 2010 census. Comprising a total area of 4.5 square miles, Beach City is still a fairly new city but unfortunately accidents occur in Beach City each year.
Beach City Work Injuries
Some of the companies located in Beach City include Crawley Shoreline Construction, Brighton Homes Barrow Ranch, and Eastman Chemical Company. Accidents involving industrial chemicals and equipment can result in serious injuries and even fatalities. Recent reports including the following:
- Galveston Bay Energy LLC’s compressor has caused many individuals in the area to experience headaches due to the noise of the machine.
- There have been several worker fatalities due to unexpected explosions at Eastman Chemical Company locations.
Some of the medical facilities close to Beach City include Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital – Alexander Campus, Baytown Health Center, and Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital. There is a risk of medical malpractice occurring at every medical facility. Medical malpractice is a negligent act by medical staff that results in the serious injury or even death of an individual. For individuals harmed by medical malpractice, it is frequently a wise idea to retain the assistance of legal counsel in a variety of types of medical malpractice including:
- Childbirth Injuries. Improperly delivery during childbirth can result in a child facing complications that follow into adulthood.
- Delayed Diagnosis. Sometimes medical staff negligently fails to quickly diagnose a disease like cancer which can result in the illness growing much worse.
- Medication Errors. There have been cases where medical staff negligently prescribe medication which can result in death or serious complications.
- If a doctor misdiagnoses an illness, patients can become much worse and even die in some cases.
- Surgery Errors. While surgeries are supposed to proceed smoothly, negligent errors can be made during surgery which can result in neuropathy, scarring, and even death.
Car Accidents in Beach City
One of the major roads in Beach City is 2354 Texas Highway. The data compiled by the Texas Department of Transportation reports in 2015 there were 14 accidents in Chambers County involving fatalities. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way.
- In 2017, an 18 wheeler and several other vehicles were involved in a very serious accident involving slight injuries. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Beach city.
- In 2017, a single vehicle car accident killed a man.
Beach City Industrial Accidents
Reports indicate various industrial accidents occur in Beach City each year. Industrial accidents frequently involve damage to the head, brain, back, neck, and spinal cord by:
- Plant explosions can seriously injure or even kill individuals who live in the vicinity.
- Many workers at oil exploration companies are at risk of being seriously burned due to malfunctioning pipes or inadequate training.
- Sparks in machinery that is not adequately maintained can lead to serious fires due to ignition with combustible chemicals that are in the air.
- Injuries caused by defective or improperly operated conveyor belts, forklifts, lathes, presses and other types of machinery.
- Manufacturing plant spills due to the negligence of a contractor, supplier, or other responsible party.
Toxic Substances in Beach City
There are several toxic substances in Beach City that can seriously injure workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, and disease of the lungs and kidney. Statistics reveal that there were 32 deaths from asbestos as reported by Beach City’s Chambers County between 1999 to 2003.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Mesothelioma victims can seek compensation by consulting an experienced mesothelioma attorney.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop. Some of the companies where workers can be exposed to benzene include Brown & Root, Carbon Black, Carter Oil Company, Celanese Chemical, DuPont Chemical, Esso, Gulf Oil Refinery, Houston Lighting & Power Company, Hubber Carbon Black, Mobay Chemical Corporation, Mobay Chemical Plant, National Oilwell, Nrg Texas Power LLC, and Phenol Plant.
Contact a Beach City Attorney
If you are injured in Beach City or the Baytown area, a Beach City attorney will fight for the compensation that you deserve.