Anahuac is the seat of Chambers County and had a population of a little over 2,000 at the time of the 2010 census. In 1935, discovery of oil fields in the area brought on economic development. In the last decade, the city has introduced a new fuel center, new homes, new storm drains, a senior center, and several restaurants. Unfortunately, accidents still occur in Anahuac, which require the assistance of a personal injury attorney.
There are several companies that operate in Anahuac including Anahuac Transport, Chambliss Oil Properties, Exxon Mobil Corporation, and Masters Offshore. If you or someone you know has sustained injuries at work it is imperative to contact a work accident attorney.
Car Accidents in Anahuac
Two of the major roads in Anahuac include Washington Avenue and Belton Lane. The data compiled by the Texas Department of Transportation reports in 2015 there were 14 accidents in Chambers County involving fatalities. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2017, two individuals were killed in an accident on Highway 73 due to a failure to come to a halt at a stop sign.
- In 2016, an eighteen wheeler collapsed on its side in Anahuac because it was uncertain whether anyone was injured by this eighteen wheeler accident. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Anahuac.
- In 2012, 54 people were injured in a pile up accident near Anahuac.
Locations near Anahuac Texas incur industrial accidents each year including injuries to the head, back, neck, and spinal cord. Because many industries near Anahuac involve oil exploration, dangerous conditions can result in serious catastrophes due to heavy equipment, insufficient safety programs, inadequately trained workers, and toxic chemicals. Some of the most recent examples of industrial accidents near Anahuac include:
- Several workers have been injured while working for Patterson Tubular Service which was found by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration to fail to utilize lockout/tagout procedures when performing machine maintenance.
- In 2016, two workers were killed and another was injured during a high pressure release while doing repairs on a gas pipeline for Southcross Energy Partners near Anahuac.
Medical Malpractice in Anahuac
Bayside Community Hospital which is owned by Chambers County Public Hospital District #1, is one of the closest medical facilities to Anahuac. There is a risk of medical malpractice occurring at every medical facility. Statistics estimate that over 200,000 individuals die each year due to medical malpractice. Unfortunately, Texas limits non-economic damages to $250,000 in cases brought against individual physicians. An experienced medical malpractice attorney can help receive the compensation that you deserve if any of the following types of events occur.
- Childbirth Injuries. If a physician fails to properly deliver a baby, a child can be faced with complications that will last the rest of their life.
- Delayed Diagnosis. Medical staff does not always quickly evaluate a patient’s conditions which can result in serious complications and even death.
- Medication Errors. Negligently prescribed medication can result in serious consequences for patients.
- If a doctor does not diagnosis or properly treat a patient, many serious complications can arise.
- Surgery Errors. When surgery errors are made, patients can experience permanent scarring and extreme neuropathy.
There are a variety of toxic substances in Anahuac that can seriously injure workers which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Asbestos was recently removed from one of the schools in Anahuac. Asbestos removal can prove to be particularly deadly as the asbestos fibers become airborne.
- Mesothelioma is a type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer. Some of the sources of mesothelioma in Anahuac include the Turtle Bayou Superfund site, high levels of a disinfection byproduct found in the area’s drinking water, and chemicals used in farming and abandoned oil sites.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop. In the last decade, a study was conducted to examine why benzene exposure rates to benzene were higher in Anahuac.
Obtain the Assistance of an Anahuac Lawyer
Individuals who are injured in Anahuac should not hesitate to obtain the assistance of a skilled attorney who can help you receive the compensation that you deserve.