Houston Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents occur with a surprising frequency in the Houston area. One of the most recent industrial accidents to occur in Houston involved an industrial worker who was using a forklift. When the worker got off of the forklift momentarily, the worker was caught between the machine and a large spool when the forklift rolled forward, crushing the man. It remains uncertain why the vehicle moved unexpectedly and killed the man. This accident represents just one of the ways in which an industrial accident can occur.
Types Of Industrial Accidents
As previously mentioned, there are a handful of ways in which industrial accidents can occur, which include the following:
- The Accidental Release Of Dangerous Materials. When chemicals or other types of hazardous materials are released during production, handling, or transportation, catastrophic industrial accidents can occur.
- Causing Acid Rain. Certain pollutants can cause substantial ecological damage by raising the level of acidity found in both soil and water.
- The explosion of hazardous chemicals can result in significant injuries, property destruction, and even sometimes fatalities.
- Certain industrial practices can greatly contaminate the atmosphere and endanger the lives of many individuals in the area.
- The accidental release of radioactive substances can result in higher levels than established safety standards.
How To Avoid Industrial Accidents
While the consequences of industrial accidents can result in substantial property damage, serious injuries, and even fatalities, there are some common method that industrial companies and workers can implement in order to decrease the risks of an industrial accident occurring.
- Correct Handling Of Hazardous Materials. Many industrial accidents occur because parties fail to adequately transport or dispose of hazardous materials. By implementing proper handling methods, parties can avoid many industrial accidents.
- Danger Zone Warnings. There are must be adequate signage in industrial sites alerting workers to areas that contain particular dangers.
- Properly Train Employees. Employees who are inadequately trained cause a number of industrial accidents each year. Industrial workers must be trained how to handle equipment and materials in the safest possible manner.
- Sufficient Quality Assurance Of Equipment. Industrial equipment must be checked often for use and wear. By following established quality assurance guidelines, industrial workers can make sure that equipment is safe to use.
Who Can Be Held Liable For An Industrial Accident
Nearly all industrial and work-related injuries occur as the result of negligence or failure on the party of someone. The various parties that can be negligent are manufacturers of a product that is dangerous or defective in nature, the owner of property where the accident occurred, a party who installed industrial equipment, or a negligent co-worker who was also on the job site.
Why Clients Need A Houston Accident Attorney
Often times, individuals or families of an injured worker are forced to deal with the wrongful death of a loved one and should not have to face the additional burden of these expenses. As a result, when industrial accidents occur, an experienced accident attorney can help a client obtain compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and several other expenses.