Located in Jasper County, Sam Rayburn had a population of over 1,000 people at the time of the 2010 census. Founded in 1970’s after the formation of the Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Sam Rayburn’s main attraction is its country club, Rayburn Country.
Sam Rayburn sees a number of industrial accidents each year. Some of the companies in the vicinity of Sam Rayburn include Rayburn Country Municipal, Texas Design Build, Sam Rayburn Water Incorporated, Fastenal, and Lewis Construction, These accidents frequently involve injuries to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord. Some of the most recent industrial accidents in Sam Rayburn that have occurred include:
- In 2014, a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden in Sam Rayburn was critically injured when the warden was somehow thrown out of the boat he was in and the boat’s engines propeller cut his leg resulting in serious injuries. Another game warden was able to save the man’s life by applying pressure tourniquets.
- In 2016, a worker died in an accident at a Fastenal location. The worker was in the process of using a forklift. The worker drove the forklift onto a flatbed truck then parked the forklift. As the worker was walking away from the site, the forklift slid backwards off the truck and struck the man.
Some of the major roads in Jasper City include US Highway 69, US Highway 96, US Highway 190 State Highway 62, State Highway 63, and Recreational Road 255. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there were 12 fatalities due to accidents in Jasper. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, there were several incidents of high speed motorcycles that resulted in individuals being seriously injured.
- In 2016, a man died in a boat accident on Lake Sam Rayburn. A passenger on the boat was placed in critical condition. Texas Parks and Wildlife had to perform a thorough investigation to determine how the boat crash occurred. Ultimately, Texas Parks and Wildlife determined that the accident was due to inadequate training on how to operate a boat. The Agency emphasizes that boaters operate vessels safely, remain aware of their surroundings, and realize that if operational situations change it is a wise idea to alter a vehicle’s speeds to adjust to the many different environments on Lake Sam Rayburn.In 2016, a motor vehicle driver traveling near Denton Overpass, left the vehicle lane, entered the left shoulder, rode up onto the concrete and collided with another vehicle. The driver of the vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
- In 2017, a trucker was injured after his truck barrel into a non-functioning motor vehicle. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Sam Rayburn.
- In 2017, a pedestrian was killed while trying to help individuals who were involved in a car accident.
- In 2017, two boats collided on Lake Sam Rayburn during the Sealy Outdoors Big Bass Splash, but fortunately no injuries were involved. Each year, there are many similar collisions between boats on Lake Sam Rayburn.
Sam Rayburn Medical Malpractice
The Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center is one of the closest medical centers in Sam Rayburn. Medical malpractice has the potential to occur at every medical facility. If you are injured by medical malpractice, it is often a wise idea to contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
Workers in Sam Rayburn are exposed to a variety of dangerous conditions including the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, and lung cancer. The former Sam Rayburn school building contained asbestos, which placed workers who helped renovate the facility at risk of asbestos exposure. Statistics reveal that there 90 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Jasper County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Obtain the assistance of a Skilled Sam Rayburn Lawyer
Accidents in Sam Rayburn can result in serious injuries and even fatalities. If you are injured in one of these accidents, do not hesitate to contact a skilled attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.