Car Accidents in Port Arthur Texas
All motor vehicle drivers in Port Arthur are expected to obey traffic laws, operate automobiles safely, and pay attention to roadside conditions. Unfortunately motor vehicle drivers often fail to meet these requirements, which can result in automobile accidents. One of the best ways for Port Arthur drivers to decrease the chances of being involved in a car accident is to understand the various ways in which automobile accidents occur.
Common Causes of Port Arthur Car Accidents
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there 6,233 automobile accidents in Port Arthur’s Jefferson County. There are a variety of ways that Port Arthur car accidents are caused. Some of the most common causes include:
- Defective Motor Vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that a number of automobile accidents occur each year due to defective vehicles. When motor vehicles are either poorly manufactured or designed, motor vehicle accidents can occur without any fault of the driver. One example of defective motor vehicles are automobiles that are manufactured with defective ignition switches, which can lead to accidents.
- Distracted Driving. Distracted drivers who fail to pay adequate attention to the road are often unable to quickly respond to conditions. One example of distracted driving occurs when a motor vehicle who is distracted by texting collides with another vehicle.
- Driver Fatigue. Driver fatigue involves motor vehicle drivers who operate automobiles while too tired to fully focus on driving conditions. In some cases, drivers have even fallen asleep while on the road.
- Drunk Driving. Drivers who choose to combine alcohol use with motor vehicle operation are likely to cause catastrophic accidents.
- Failure to Yield. Automobile drivers who do not obey red lights or stop signs often fail to notice other drivers which can result in a collision.
- There are many motor vehicle operators who drive faster than the posted speed limit. Speeding is a type of reckless driving and that can cause accidents because drivers are not able to respond to conditions in time.
Advice On Preventing Port Arthur Car Accidents
Not all car accidents that occur in Port Arthur are preventable, but there are some precautions that drivers can take. One of the most important steps that motor vehicle drivers should take is to always wear seatbelts while operating a motor vehicle. Automobile drivers should also make sure to obey all posted road signs and travel cautiously in adverse weather conditions.
Reasons To Contact An Experienced Port Arthur Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Port Arthur car accident, consider obtaining the services of a skilled car accident attorney who will help obtain compensation for any resulting injuries, property damage, or emotional damage.