Located in Orange County and part of the Beaumont-Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area, Pinehurst had a population of over 2,000 people at the 2010 census.
Car Accidents in Pinehurst
The most common roads in Pinehurst include Farm to Market Road 1488. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that there were 6 people in Orange County in 20015 were killed due to motor vehicle accidents. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2015, a motorcyclist in Pinehurst was seriously injured after his motorcycle struck a pickup truck.
- In 2016, a man in Pinehurst died after his motor vehicle ran off the road and collided with a tree.
- In 2016, an accident with an eighteen wheeler collided with another vehicle in Pinehurst and caused serious injuries. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in West Orange. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Pinehurst.
- In 2010, a motorist in Pinehurst overturned a sports utility vehicle injuring four passengers including one passenger who experienced serious injuries.
Two of the largest industrial corporations in Pinehurst include Cloeren Incorporated,
Specialty Steel Supply, HMW Special Utility District, Iron Kreation LLC, Quadvest LP, Dunn & Stone Builders, Allstar Recycling, Welder Parts Warehouse, United Rentals, CLK Industries Incorporated, RAC Materials, Texas Star Propane, D R Construction Company, and Pinehurst City Water and Sewer. Some accidents that have occurred at these companies include the following:
- In 2007, a worker for United Rentals was operating a manlift when a pickup truck struck the machine’s bucket causing the worker to be ejected and be thrown to the pavement. Another truck ran over the man’s body. The man was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
- In 2012, a 700 pound piece of steel fell on a worker at Cloeren Incorporated.
- In 2014, a worker at All Stars Metals died from injuries suffered after being crushed by falling metal. At the time of the accident the worker was cutting metal but the board on which he was standing collapsed. For nearly two hours, the worker was trapped under heavy debris as workers attempted to rescue him.
Each year in Pinehurst, there are a number of serious accidents that occur involving damage to the head, brain, back, neck, and spinal cord. Some of the most recent examples of industrial accidents in Pinehurst include:
- In 2016, one worker died after a trench caved in on construction workers who were employed by Principal Services LTD.
Medical Malpractice in Pinehurst
Two of the medical facilities located closest to Pinehurst include Texas Wound & Lymphedema Center and Tomball Regional Medical Center. Medical malpractice can occur at all medical facilities and involves the negligent act of medical staff that seriously injures or even kills a patient. Statistics reveal that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States. Fortunately, an experienced medical malpractice attorney can prove essential in these situations. There are several types of malpractice situations in which an attorney can prove to be particularly helpful, including the following:
- Childbirth Injuries. When physicians fail to properly perform a childbirth, a newborn can be last with medical compilations of the rest of their life. I
- Delayed Diagnosis. In some cases, medical staff does not diagnose a patient quickly enough. In these cases, illness or even death can occur.
- Medication Errors. Doctors sometimes prescribe the wrong medication to patients, which can result in adverse side effects and death.
- Diagnosing a patient with the proper condition is very important. WHen patients are misdiagnosed, serious injuries can result.
- Surgery Errors. Medical staff has been known to make negligent mistakes during surgery which can make health conditions much worse for a patient.
There are several types of toxic substances in Pinehurst that can seriously injure workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses. Statistics reveal that there were 298 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013. Asbestos has been located in use at American Oil, Chevron Refinery, Consolidated Steel Shipbuilding, Sabine Industries, and Weaver Shipyard.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer. Some of the locations in Orange where workers can contract mesothelioma include BF Goodrich, Echo, DuPont Chemical Plant, and Livingston Shipyard.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia.
Obtain the Assistance of a Pinehurst Accident Attorney
If you are injured in Pinehurst, do not hesitate to retain the assistance of a skilled Pinehurst attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.