Orange County is a county that is part of the Beaumont Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area. that as of the 2010 census had a population that was over 81,000 individuals. As part of the Beaumont-Port Arthur Statistical Area, Orange County is located in the southeastern corner of Texas and shares a boundary with Louisiana. During World War II, Orange County was primarily dedicated to shipbuilding, but the primary economy of Orange County is now focused on petroleum refining, paper milling, rice farming, and shrimping.
Some of the companies located in Orange County include McCoy’s Building Supply, Mauriceville Film Plant, Cloeren Incorporated, Dupont Company, Tony Houseman Homes, International Paper, Honeywell, Transit Mix concrete and Materials, Gomez Drywall, Pepsi-Cola Company, Grainger Industrial Supply, Boeing, and Fastenal. Each year in Orange County, there are many accidents. Some of the most common causes of accidents include the following:
- In 2013, a fire at a Texas fertilizer plant that killed 15 people was caused by a criminal act that caused ammonium nitrate to ignite and triggered a massive explosion.
Car Accidents in Orange City
Two of the major roads in Orange County include Route 99, Interstate 10, US Highway 90, State Highway 12, State Highway 62, State HIghway 73, State HIghway 87, and South Cotton Lake Road. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that there were 6 people in Orange County in 20015 were killed due to motor vehicle accidents. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, a motorcyclist entered a curve at a high rate of speed and lost control of the vehicle which caused the motorcycle to strike a concrete culvert and landed in a ditch. The driver received serious injuries.
- In 2016, a truck driver not familiar with road markings drifted into the outside lane of traffic and collided with a truck. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Orange County.
- In 2017, a motor vehicle died when his vehicle rollover on Interstate 10.
There are many industrial accidents in Orange each year. These accidents frequently involve damage to the head, brain, back, neck, and spinal cord. Some of the most recent examples of industrial accidents in Orange include:
- In 2016, two International Paper worker were transported for medical treatment after a chemical exposure incident at the Orange Mill.
- In 2016, an operator at DuPont opened a train on a vent line inside a tower at the plant where the toxic gas, methyl mercaptan, overwhelmed the worker and killed her.
- In 2016, a mechanic was killed when the forks on the forklift the man was operating fell and struck his head while working at the Arlanexo Performance Elastomers Orange Distribution Center Warehouse.
Orange City Medical Malpractice
Some of the major medical facilities in Orange County include Orange County Urgent Care, Baptists Hospitals of Southeast Texas, and Baptist Orange Hospital. Medical malpractice is known to occur at all facilities and occurs when medical staff performs a negligent action that either seriously injures or even kills a patient. Statistics reveal that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States. If you harmed in such a way, an experienced medical malpractice attorney can prove to be particularly helpful.
There are several types of toxic substances in Orange County that can either seriously injure or kill workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Workers who are exposed to asbestos are at risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Asbestos has been located in use at American Oil, Chevron Refinery, Consolidated Steel Shipbuilding, Sabine Industries, and Weaver Shipyard. Statistics reveal that there were 298 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently require a mesothelioma lawyer. Some of the locations in Orange where workers can contract mesothelioma include BF Goodrich, Echo, DuPont Chemical Plant, and Livingston Shipyard.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Contact an Orange County Attorney
Accidents in Orange County can result in serious injuries and even fatalities, if you are injured in Orange County do not hesitate to contact a talented accident attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.