Headquartered in Houston, Texas, in 2003, Monforte Exploration focuses on oil production and exploration off the Gulf of Mexico.
The Dangers Faced By Monforte Oil Rig Workers
The Centers for Disease Control report that a large number of oil rig workers are injured and killed each year. A few of the ways in which workers at Monforte Exploration risk being injured while working on one of the company’s oil rigs include the following:
- Objects that fall from elevated surfaces and can result in concussions.
- Explosions and fires caused by machinery that is not properly maintained or equipment that is defective in nature.
- Workers who do not use the equipment that is proper for the job or fail to take proper safety precautions while performing high risk work.
- Vehicular operators who are not properly trained on how to use boats or helicopters to travel between land and the oil rig.
- Workers who do not properly assemble scaffolding or fail to properly post warning signs in construction areas, which creates a risk that workers will fall from an elevated area. Falls can be particularly deadly if workers fall into the Gulf of Mexico.
Oil Rig Workers and The Threat Presented By Asbestos
Prior to the creation of federal and state regulations, a large number of companies including many engaged in oil and gas operations used asbestos as a type of insulation. Medical research, however, has since established that frequent and prolonged exposure to asbestos has the potential to cause several deadly medical conditions including asbestosis and mesothelioma.
Contact an Oil Rig Accident Attorney
Each year, a large number of people are injured in accidents while working on the job at oil rigs. There accidents leave workers facing many different obstacles including lost wages and medical bills. To make sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner, do not hesitate to contact our law office.