Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Houston, Gryphon Exploration Company is focused on the exploration and production of gas and oil in the Gulf of Mexico. In 2005, the company was acquired by Woodside Energy Incorporated.
The Danger of Working on Gryphon Company Oil Rigs
Some of the ways in which accidents have occurred at Gryphon Exploration Company include the following examples:
- In an effort to stab the Hydril, a worker’s fingers were smashed between a bolt and the Hydril’s bowl. The worker was taken to the hospital and treated with stitches.
- A worker fell from an improperly marked area of a rig.
- A worker was caught between two pipes while attempting to repair a machine.
- A crane was determined to be in use without all of the proper safety structures to prevent very serious accidents.
- A worker received very serious burns from a flash fire and required hospitalization for treatment.
How Gryphon Workers Can Be Harmed By Asbestos
For many years in the United States, asbestos was used by a number of companies engaged in various industries to fulfill several purposes. Medical research, however, has established that asbestos can result in several very deadly conditions including asbestosis and mesothelioma. Offshore oil rig workers are at particularly risk of being harmed by asbestos because in many cases they are not aware that they have been exposed to asbestos until years later.
Discover How a Texas Oil Rig Accident Lawyer Can Help
Oil rig workers in Texas can be injured or even killed when accidents occur. When these accidents occur and another party is responsible, it is often helpful for an oil rig worker to obtain strong legal representation. Speak to one of our attorneys today to increase of obtaining the chances of obtaining the compensation that you deserve.