Created in 1988, Falcon Offshore Operating Company is a business that is dedicated to natural gas and oil exploration. Falcon Offshore focuses primarily on providing oil and gas services to customers throughout the middle east.
The Risk of Worker Injuries at Falcon Offshore Operating System
There are several types of risks which workers at oil rigs like Falcon Offshore must be aware, which include the following:
- Equipment that is not properly maintained or faulty in nature.
- Falls occur because areas are not properly barricaded or
- Fires that occur due to sparks coming into combination with combustible materials.
- Heavy objects that either trap workers between surface or fall on them.
- Slip and fall accidents occur due to stains that linger in hallways or because debris remains in corridors.
- Workers are not properly trained about how to use equipment or managers are improperly trained on how to uphold safety measures.
The Risk of Oil Rig Workers Being Harmed by Asbestos
Prolonged exposure to asbestos is known to cause many deadly diseases in workers including asbestosis and mesothelioma. While there are many federal and state regulations to prevent workers from being harmed by exposure to asbestos, there are still many older buildings that contain asbestos.
It is worth noting that in many cases, asbestos is not dangerous in nature unless efforts are made to remove the material, in which cases fibers from the material can become lodged in a person’s lungs.
Speak with an Oil Rig Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving oil rigs frequently involve very serious injuries and often fatalities. If you or a loved one has been harmed while working on an oil rig, it is often a wise idea to contact knowledgeable legal counsel that can fight for the compensation that you deserve. Contact our law office today to obtain strong legal representation.