Opened in 2010, Conn Energy Incorporated in Lumberton, Texas and is focused on oil and natural gas exploration and production.
Job Hazards for Conn Energy Workers
Workers at Conn Energy must be mindful of the several most common ways in which oil rig accidents occur. These causes include the following:
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than half of all offshore oil rig accidents involve transportation. These accidents can include either helicopters or water vehicles.
- A large number of offshore oil rig accidents are caused by equipment failure.
- Oil rig fires which most often occur due to faulty electricity.
- Falls from elevated heights or scaffolding that collapses. In some situations, falls can also be caused by insufficient barriers.
- There are many offshore oil rig accidents that involve objects that fall on workers or trap workers between two surfaces.
- Many accidents occur because oil rig workers are not properly supervised.
Conn Energy Employees and Asbestos
Asbestos was used by many in companies in Texas for most of the 20th century to satisfy a variety of purposes. A great deal of medical research, however, has since determined that the use of asbestos has the potential to result in several deadly diseases.
Workers are at a risk of being exposed to asbestos in buildings that have failed to comply with federal and state regulations as well as older buildings from which asbestos has not yet been removed.
Contact an Oil Rig Accident Lawyer
If you are harmed in an oil rig accident, it is often very helpful to contact a knowledgeable attorney who understands how to help make sure that your case resolves in a positive manner. Our legal counsel has a track record of helping other oil rig workers who have been harmed in a similar way.