Founded in 1879 and headquartered in Houston, Chevron Pipe Line Company is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation. This subsidiary operates pipelines that are used to transport crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products throughout the country. Statistics reveal that Chevron utilizes a pipeline of 4,1000 miles of pipes.
The Dangers Faced by Chevron Pipe Line Workers
Some of the accidents that have occurred on Chevron offshore oil rigs include the following:
- In 2018 Chevron suffered a mishap in Nigeria after a rig working on an offshore gas well caught fire and partially collapsed.
- In 2014, a worker was killed while doing maintenance on one of Chevron’s offshore gas pipelines and a year later, two other workers were injured when an offshore gas pipeline they were maintaining ruptured and the gas caught fire
- A worker had both hands caught in a piece of machinery. Several of the worker’s fingers had to be amputated as a result. The reason for this accident was that the workers had failed to properly communicate details about their operations.
- A worker’s right lower leg was caught between a load that was in the process of being lifted and a beam.
- A worker was involved in a small explosion while attempting to bolt a flange onto a casing valve.
Asbestos Usages and Chevron Workers
Asbestos once played a significant role for many industries in the United States including the oil and gas industry. This pivotal role ended when medical researchers determined that prolonged or frequent exposure has the potential to result in very serious conditions. Workers, however, are in danger of being seriously harmed by asbestos particularly in situations involving older structures where asbestos has not been removed and the material is in some way disrupted.
Obtain the Assistance of a Texas Oil Rig Attorney
When oil rig accidents occur, workers can suddenly be left to face very serious physical injuries and large bills from medical providers. For assistance in these difficult times, many people find it beneficial to contact a seasoned attorney who can help make sure that their case concludes in the best possible manner. Contact our law office today for assistance with your oil rig accident.