Headquartered in Woodlands, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is engaged in petroleum and natural gas exploration in the state of Texas. The company has several operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and Accidents
Some of the ways in which accidents have occurred at Anadarko’s offshore oil rigs include the following:
- An electrician was shocked by a breaker and experienced a sprain after jumping off the area where the breaker was located. This accident occurred because equipment had failed to operate properly.
- Three workers boarded a platform for a hurricane evacuation. A diesel was brought onto the platform during which time the electrician was electrocuted.
- A worker was injured while unloading a fluid tank from a motor vessel.
- A worker dislocated his ankle while helping with a crane operation.
- A worker stepped in front of a hammer that was being used to loosen stuck bushing in a rotary which caused the hammer to collide with the worker’s foot.
- A worker was crossing a wind boom when he slipped and fell forward which cause his right hand to collide with a crane’s swing motor.
- A worker was stepping down from piping when he fell resulting in injuries of torn ligaments in the right knee.
- A shorting in wiring created a small fire. Workers extinguished the fire, but if they had not acted quickly there is a likelihood that the fire would have been very serious.
Asbestos and Anadarko Corporation
There have been several cases involving the uses of asbestos initiated against Anadarko Petroleum.
Contact an Oil Rig Accident Attorney
Oil rig accidents can significantly impact the lives of workers. If you or a loved one was harmed while working at an Anadarko oil rig and another party was responsible, our legal counsel can help fight for the compensation that you deserve.