Located in Chambers and Liberty counties, the population of Mont Belvieu was nearly 4,000 individuals at the time of the 2010 census. Pipeline and petrochemical plant accidents occurred in Mont Belvieu in 1960, 1964, and 1965. A 1985 explosion at one of these plants threatened the entire safety of Mont Belvieu. Today, the “hill” section of Mont Belvieu still contains many petrochemical chemical company offices.
Some of the companies located in Mont Belvieu include Hill Lumber and Hardware, Mont Belvieu Sewer Department, ExxonMobil Chemical Corporation, Shell Pipeline Corporation, Equistar Chemicals LP, Chemicals Incorporated, Phillips 66, Eagle Rental and Septic, Steadham Trucking Company, Lone Star NGL, Pol-Tex International, and S&B Engineers and Construction. Workers at each of these locations are at serious risk of being injured.
Car Accidents in Mont Belvieu
Some of the major highways and roads in Mont Belvieu include Highway 146 and Interstate 10. The data compiled by the Texas Department of Transportation reports in 2015 there were 14 accidents in Chambers County involving fatalities. Statistics reveal that in 2015 Liberty County had 16 accidents in 2013 that resulted in the deaths of motorists. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2014, a motorcyclist was killed in a head on collision Mont Belvieu.
- In 2015, one person was killed and two others were injured in a three car crash in Mont Belvieu.
- In 2015, an eighteen wheeler collided with a car near Mont Belvieu resulting in the death of the two women who were struck by the truck. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Mont Belvieu.
There are many industrial accidents in Mont Belvieu each year. These accidents frequently involve damage to the head, brain, back, neck, and spinal cord. Some of the most recent examples of industrial accidents in Mont Belvieu include:
- Mont Belvieu emergency officials evacuated part of Mont Belvieu after a chemical leak and fire at two chemical plants on Texas 16. A leak at the LyondellBasell Plant was determined to have been a mix of brine water and hydrocarbon product.
- In 2014, a construction worker at ExxonMobil was killed while working on a construction project.
- In 2011, a plant worker was killed after an explosion and a fire at Enterprise Products facility in Chambers which resulted in an explosion and a fireball emerging. The fire is reported to have burned for hours. While the worker was first determined to be missing, he was later determined to have been killed in the accident.
Medical Malpractice in Mont Belvieu
Some of the medical facilities located in Mont Belvieu include Mont Belvieu Urgent and Family Care Clinic, and Aneres Healthcare and Wellness Centers. Medical malpractice can occur at all medical facilities. The act of medical malpractice refers to any negligent act performed by medical staff that results in the serious injury or even death of an individual. In medical malpractice cases, the assistance of skilled legal counsel can often prove to be particularly helpful.
There are several types of toxic substances in Mont Belvieu that can seriously injure workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Mont Belvieu uses asbestos in its waterline. Any movement of asbestos could cause the fiber to become airborne and would seriously risk individuals in the area being exposed to the asbestos. Some of the companies that can expose workers to asbestosis include Dynegy Midstream Service, Exxon Chemical Company, Mont Belvieu Plastic Plant, Targa Midstream Services, and Warren Petroleum Company.
- Mesothelioma is a type of cancer in the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer. Statistics reveal that over 80% of mesothelioma cases in Mont Belvieu are caused by exposure to asbestos.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop. In 2010, Targa Resources LP announced a long-term contract with Marathon Petroleum Company to reduce benzene in the area, but individuals in Mont Belvieu are still at risk of being exposed to benzene.
Reasons to Contact a Mont Belvieu Lawyer
If you are injured in Mont Belvieu, do not hesitate to contact a skilled attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.