Located in Jasper County, Kirbyville had a population of 2,142 at the time of 2010 census. While the city was first established in 1895 to build a facility to market lumber, the economy has since grown significantly. In 2005, however, Hurricane Rita caused substantial damage to Kirbyville which resulted in many injuries occurring for Kirbyville residents.
Each year in Kirbyville there are a number of industrial accidents. Some of the companies in Kirbyville include Henry Brothers of Texas, B&B Buildings, Action Investment and Construction, Wood-Mizer Texas, Elder Hardwoods, Cannon’s LP Gas Company, Smith Farm Equipment and Supply, TM Contractors, MK Enterprises, Kirbyville Light and Power Company. When work accidents, some of the most common types of injuries include damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord. A few of the recent industrial accidents that have occurred include:
- In 2010, a worker for Kojis Signs in Kirbyville as installing lamp bulbs while in an elevated bucket on a truck when the worker contacted a live wire. Due to the electrocution from the live wire, the worker died.
Car Accidents in Kirbyville
Two of the major roads in Kirbyville include Farm to Market Road 565 and US Route 96. The Texas Department of Highway Control reports that in 2015 there were 15 fatalities in Jasper that occurred due to car accidents. Some of these examples have occurred in the following ways: There are many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Kirbyville. One accident in 2017 resulted in serious injuries. Some other examples of car accidents in Kirbyville include the following:
- In 2011, a Kirbyville motorist was killed in a car accident. The driver failed to yield to a right of way to another vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
- In 2014, a Kirbyville woman drove at a speed of more than 120 miles per hour before crashing into another vehicle, killing the other vehicle driver’s operator and pregnant sister.
- In 2015, a school bus was stopped in Kirbyville with its emergency lights on when the accident occurred which resulted six of the 52 students aboard the bus being transported to a nearby hospital. Fortunately, none of the students experienced life-threatening injuries.
- In 2016, a car driver will killed in a one vehicle accident that resulted in a rollover. The rollover occurred when the vehicle operator drove off the road, over-corrected and which caused the vehicle to rollover over several times before the vehicle came to a rest in the rodway. The exact cause of the accident is still unknown.
- In 2017, a bus enroute to Kirbyville High School for a track meet had its tire leave the road and the driver overcorrected resulting in the bus skidding and rolling several times.
Kirbyville Medical Malpractice
The Jasper County Medical Hospital is one of the medical facilities that is located in Jasper. Statistics reveal that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States with over 200,000 individuals in the country dying each year from the act. If you are a victim of medical malpractice, do not hesitate to contact an experienced attorney, There are several types of medical malpractice with which an attorney can often assist including the following:
- Anesthesia Errors. When an individual goes under anesthesia, medical staff must make sure that the correct dosage is administered.
- Birth Injuries. Negligence activity by medical staff during childbirth can have many complications including brain damage or other harm to the child or harm to the mother.
- One of the most common types of medical negligence is misdiagnosis or failure to adequately diagnose a condition when it is in its earliest stages and will respond best to treatment. Medical staff who fail to properly diagnose a patient can create serious health risks and in some cases patients can even die.
- Prescription Errors. When the wrong medicine or an incorrect dosage is administered, patients can be seriously harmed.
- Surgical Errors. These acts can involve leaving medical equipment inside a patient, performing the incorrect surgery, or any other type of surgical mistake that can risk a patient’s life.
In Kirbyville, workers are exposed to a variety of factors, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Statistics reveal that there were 90 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Jasper County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia.
Obtain the Assistance of a Kirbyville Attorney
Accident in Kirbyville can prove to be catastrophic. If you have been injured in this type of event, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Kirbyville attorney.