Jasper city is located in Jasper County and has a population of over 8,000 individuals. Each year a number of serious accidents occur in Jasper.In 2005, Jasper was greatly affected by Hurricane Rita as the storm moved inward causing substantial damage to the city. There are many different industries in Jasper City including timber, oil operation, tourism, aircraft manufacturing, cattle, hogs, and pecans. With significant timber and oil operations in the city, there are many elements that can serious harm workers.
Each year in Jasper City there are a number of industrial accidents. Some of the most common types of injuries include damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord .There are various companies in Jasper including Texas Timberjack of Jasper, Jasper City Light and Power, Coburn’s of Jasper, Hart Lumber Company, Meigs Building Material, Knife River Corporation, B and B Concrete Contractor, and Whitton Trucking Company. A few of the recent industrial accidents that have occurred include:
- In 2006, a worker for Ark-La-Tex Superior Signs was installing a sign outside a motel that was under construction by using a lift truck. The lift truck as energized by a portable generator from the truck. The worker was inside the sign’s access panel when it was noticed that the driver was not moving. A second worker found the first worker to be unresponsive. The first worker was lowered to the ground and taken to a nearby hospital where the worker was pronounced dead.
Car Accidents in Jasper City
Some of the major roads in Jasper City include US Highway 69, US Highway 96, US Highway 190 State Highway 62, State Highway 63, and Recreational Road 255. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there were 12 fatalities due to accidents in Jasper. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2013, a driver and passenger in Jasper City died as the result of a car crash. The accident is reported to have occurred when the driver’s vehicle collided with a motorcycle.
- In 2016, a truck carrying an illegal locking loaded caused a three vehicle accident in Jasper. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Liberty City.
- In 2017, 1 person was killed and two people were injured in a car wreck that occurred in Jasper County.
- In 2017, a woman in Jasper County died after a motorcycle accident.
Jasper City Medical Malpractice
Christus Jasper Memorial Hospital is one of the medical facilities closest to Jasper City..Medical malpractice is at risk of occurring at all medical facilities. Medical malpractice constitutes any negligent act performed by medical staff that results in either the serious injury or death of a patient. Statistics reveal that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States. In 2003, the state of Texas adopted a comprehensive reform bill that made many changes to medical malpractice in the state including most noticeably a cap on noneconomic damages.
If you are a victim of medical malpractice, do not hesitate to contact a skilled attorney. There are several types of malpractice claims with which an attorney can help including:
- There are many types of malpractice that can involve the birth process including improper use of forceps, oxygen deprivation, or prolonged labor.
- Failure to diagnose a patient can prevent a patient from responding to a disease in its earliest stages when it is most responsive to treatment.
- Prescription Errors. These errors can result from medication mix-ups or improperly transcribed prescriptions. These errors can occur in a variety of locations including most often hospitals and pharmacies.
- Surgical Errors. Some of the most common surgical errors including leaving surgical instruments inside a patient, performing surgery on the wrong site, or using unsanitary surgical tools.
Workers in Jasper City are exposed to a variety of chemicals, which include the following:
- Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Statistics reveal that there were 90 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Jasper County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently need a mesothelioma lawyer.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Contact a Jasper City Attorney
If you are injured in an accident in Jasper City, do not hesitate to contact an experienced attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.