Serious Injuries in Houston
Catastrophic injuries do a lot more damage than physical. These types of injuries devastate whole families and loved ones who are often left to care for the accident victim. Catastrophic injuries also create substantial economic burdens. Victims of catastrophic injuries need the talent and expertise of strong legal counsel to fight on a victim’s behalf to restore the victim to as close to possible as the victim was before the accident. Understanding some essential information about catastrophic injuries can greatly help accident victim and their loved ones who are considering initiating a legal action.
The Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries include various conditions including amputations, brain injuries, burns, paralysis, shock and various other serious conditions. Special note should be particularly made of some types of catastrophic injuries:
- There are a large number of workplace accidents that result in the loss of an individual’s limbs. The loss of arms or legs can serve as an enormous obstacle in the lives of accident victims, but fortunately compensation is available for these injuries.
- Motor Vehicle Injuries. There are a large number of types of motor vehicle accidents that can result in catastrophic injuries including roll overs and collision at extremely fast speeds. Defective motor vehicles can also result in catastrophic injuries.
- Substantial Burns. There are a wide variety of objects and situations that can result in burns to an individual’s body including defective products, industrial accidents, and motor vehicle collisions.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. These injuries arise from forceful impact to an individual’s head which includes cases when an object pierces an individual’s skull. Car accidents are a significant cause of traumatic brain injuries as are slip and fall accidents when an individual’s head is struck. Medical malpractice, in which an individual goes an extended amount of time without a sufficient amount of oxygen to one’s brain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Injuries to an individual’s spinal cord can result in total paralysis or the loss of certain motor functions. These injuries can leave individuals with lifelong difficulties in fully taking care of one’s self.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
There are a large number of causes for catastrophic injuries. These causes include, but are certainly not limited to: car accidents, construction site accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, playground accidents, sports injuries, truck and eighteen wheeler accidents, workplace accidents.
How A Houston Accident Attorney Can Help
When a catastrophic injury is incurred, an experienced Houston accident attorney will know how to evaluate all potential legal strategies, hire top notch experts to fully investigate the case, and arrange adequate medical treatments for injuries.
A talented and seasoned Houston accident attorney will also have a network of medical professionals who can provide commentary on the extent of catastrophic injuries, the manner in which the injury affects an individual’s ability to perform daily activities, the projected costs of long term care, and the various emotional problems that might accompany a catastrophic physical injury.
Also, a seasoned accident attorney will know how to demonstrate to a court the exact obstacles created by a catastrophic injury and ultimately obtain the best results possible including adequate compensation.