With a population of 966 at the time of the 2010 census, Daisetta is a city located in Liberty County. Some of the major roads in Daisetta include Texas State Highway 146, US Route 90, and Texas State Highway 321.
Several industrial accidents occur in Daisetta each year. These accidents frequently include damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord . Some of the companies in Daisetta include Hull Fresh Water Supply District, HD Pump & Supply Incorporated, Victoria Oil Field Rental, New Source Energy Constructors Incorporated, and Deloach Oil & Gas Waste, A few of the recent industrial accidents that have occurred include:
- In 2001, an explosion occurred in an oil field on West Pine Street in Daisetta. The explosion occurred because three workers were attempting to repair a broken natural gas pipeline but one of the men lit a cutting torch to repair the pipeline and ignited gas fumes in the hole where two of three men were working. Two of the workers suffered 3rd degree burns.
Car Accidents in Daisetta
770 County Road is one of the major roads in Daisetta. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way. Each year in Daisetta, there are several accidents involving car, motorcycles, trucks, and eighteen wheelers that result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- In 2001, a car in Daisetta failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign, entered the intersection and collided with another vehicle. One of the drivers was killed.
- In 2004, a one car rollover accident occurred on Farm to Market 770. At the time of the accident, the driver was using a cell phone and was distracted which caused the driver to swerve off the road, overcorrect, and ultimately lose control of the vehicle.
- In 2013,an accident occurred on Farm to Market 770. One car struck another vehicle resulted in the death of one of the motor vehicle operators.
- In 2015, a car operator was killed in a single vehicle accident while traveling on Farm to Market Road 1008 near Dayton. The motorist’s vehicle left the road, the driver over-corrected, traveled across the roadway, the vehicle rolled over, and the driver was ejected from the vehicle. Unfortunately, the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
Daisetta Medical Malpractice
Some of the closest medical facilities in Daisetta include Liberty-Dayton Community Hospital, Bayside Community Hospital, and Winnie Community Hospital. The risk of medical malpractice exists at every medical facility. Medical malpractice occurs when hospital staff negligent causes the injury or death of an individual. It is estimated that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States with reports estimate that over 200,00 individuals die each year from the condition. Fortunately, a skilled attorney can help individuals who are injured by medical malpractice.
There are a variety of hazardous workers to which workers in Daisetta are exposed including the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Statistics reveal that there 77 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Liberty County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Obtain the Assistance of a Skilled Daisetta Accident Attorney
If you are injured in a Daisetta accident, do not hesitate to obtain the assistance of an experienced lawyer who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.