Located in Liberty County and the Houston-Woodlands-Sugar Land area, the population of Cleveland was reported to be over 7,000 people at the time of the 2010 census. Cleveland offers several historic sites and public recreational facilities. The city also serves as an important shipping point for timber, lumber, and lumber byproducts. In addition to lumber, Cleveland offers a cattle, farm products, gas, gravel, large medical community, oil, and sand.
There are several industrial companies in Cleveland including Bulldog Timber Company, the Cleveland Water Department, Texas Timberjack of Cleveland, Campbell Concrete and Materials, Performance Construction, Western Forge and Flange Company, Texas Concrete Sand and Gravel, McDuffie Trucking LLC, Palm Harbor Homes, CLW Incorporated, TDG General Contractors Incorporated, Millican Construction, Shirley and Sons Construction Company, Cleveland Machine Company, Texas ICQ Incorporated, and CSI Machine and Fabricator. Accidents at these locations frequently include damage to the head, back, brain, eye, neck, and spinal cord . A few of the recent industrial accidents that have occurred include:
- In 1999, the Occupational Safe and Healthy Administration found 8 violations of CLW Incorporated which resulted in penalties of over $7,000. Many of these conditions could lead to unsafe conditions that could seriously hurt workers.
- In 2011, three employees of TDG General Contractors Incorporated were converting a fuel tank into a water tank to be used to dispense water onto the ground during road work. The tank was held aloft by a forklift rigged with a chain. One worker was working below the tank to connect a pipe when the weld holding the hook to the top of the tank broke and fell on top of the worker. The other two works were unharmed, but this accident in the result of the death of the worker who the tank fell on.
- In 2013, a railroad worker in Cleveland for Bayou City Railroad Contractors was killed while working along the train tracks. The man was killed when his skull was crushed when it was caught between a tractor and the tractor’s boom. At the time that the accident occurred, the worker was off the tractor and picking up metal debris which was then thrown by hand into the tractor.
Car Accidents in Cleveland
There are several major roads leading through Cleveland including US Highway 59, Loop 573, SH 105, and SH 321, .The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in 2015 there were 18 fatalities due to motor vehicle accidents in Liberty County. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, a pickup truck driver was traveling on SH 105 when the driver crossed the center dividing line and sideswiped another pickup truck. After this collision, the first truck then hit a third truck. The front passenger in the first truck was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
- In 2017, there was a school bus accident that resulted in six five students receiving medical evaluation. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Cleveland.
- In 2017, there was a serious in accident that resulted between the collision of a truck and an eighteen wheeler.
- In 2017, there was a motorcycle collision in Cleveland that resulted in the motorcycle’s passenger receiving a broken knee.
Cleveland Medical Malpractice
There are a few hospitals in Cleveland including Cleveland Emergency Hospital, and Mann Eye Institute, Statistics reveal that medical malpractice result in the deaths of over 200,000 individuals each year. The act of medical malpractice occurs when hospital staff negligently cause the serious injury or death of a patient. In these situations, the assistance of a skilled personal injury can prove extremely helpful.
Workers in Cleveland are exposed to many types of hazardous chemicals, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, and lung cancer. Statistics reveal that there were 77 deaths from asbestos between 1999 to 2013 in Liberty County.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop.
Contact a Cleveland Accident Attorney
If you are injured in a Cleveland accident, do not hesitate to contact an experienced attorney who will fight for the compensation that you deserve.