Chambers County in included in the Houston-Woodlands-Sugar Land area and contained over 35,000 individuals as of the 2010 census. Some of the cities in Chambers county include Anahuac, Baytown, Beach City, Cove, Mont Belvieu, and Old River-Winfree. Each year, a number of individuals in Chambers County are injured in a variety of types of accidents. If you are the victim of an accident in Chambers County, do not hesitate to contact an experienced attorney.
There are several companies in Chambers County including JSW Steel, Gulf Coast Fractionators, Borusan Mannesmann Pipe US, and Wowco Equipment Company. Some examples of particular accidents that have occurred in Chambers County include the following:
- In 2014 a woman who was part of a carnival work crew died after being struck while removing a transportation brace in the process of setting up for the Texas Rice Festival Barbecue Cookoff in Winnie Stowell Park.
Car and Truck Accidents in Chambers County
Some of the major roads in Chambers County include Interstate 10, State Highway 61, State Highway 65, State Highway 99, and State Highway 146. The data compiled by the Texas Department of Transportation reports in 2010 there were 14 accidents in Chambers County involving fatalities. Some of these examples have occurred in the following way:
- In 2016, a Chambers County motorcycle collided with a culvert resulted in the death of a motorcycle operator.
- Also in 2016, a single motor vehicle accident resulted in substantial damage in the wheeler and the death of the eighteen wheeler operator. This is one of many accidents involving trucks and eighteen wheelers that occur each year in Chambers County.
- Also in 2017, two motor vehicle operators failed to stop at a stop sign resulting in the death of two individuals.
- In 2016, a tractor trailer accident on Interstate 10 forced a partial closure of the interstate. It is uncertain exactly how the accident occurred.
There are a variety of industrial accidents that occur each year in Chambers County. Some of the most common examples of these accidents include the following:
- In 2016, a worker for Environmental Remediation Services fell to his death after working from an elevated height.
- Palmer Logistics, a chemical distributor, has decided to move all its hazardous chemicals to a new facility in an industrial area in Baytown. This has created an additional danger for workers in Chambers county.
- In 2016, the family of a deceased woman filed a lawsuit against Ajin USA in Chambers County because the woman was crushed to death by a robotic machine at an automobile parts manufacturer.
Medical Malpractice in Chambers County
Bayside Community Hospital is one of the few medical facilities located in Chambers County. Even at medical facilities with stellar reputations, medical malpractice has been known to occur. Medical malpractice refers to any act that can result in the death or serious injury of an individual. Statistics reveal that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States with over 200,00 individuals dying each year from the practice. Fortunately, a seasoned medical malpractice attorney can often help victims.
There are a variety of toxic substances in Chambers County that can seriously injure workers, which include the following:
- Asbestos Exposure. Being exposed to asbestos in the workplace can increase the risk of many serious illnesses including asbestosis, internal organs.damage, lung cancer, as well as disease of the lungs and kidney. Statistics reveal that Chambers County has had 32 asbestos related deaths from 1999 to 2013.
- Mesothelioma is a malignant type of cancer in the lining of the lungs, heart or abdomen that is caused by inhaling asbestos fibers. Most mesothelioma victims are given a short time to live and frequently require the assistance of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer. There have been reported cases of mesothelioma exposure at Houston Power and Light Company located in Chambers County.
- Benzene Exposure. Benzene can cause acute and chronic leukemia in addition to leukemia, non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and aplastic anemia. In many cases, medical ailments due to benzene can take years to develop. In 2009, a man in Chambers county who died from acute myelogenous leukemia due to benzene exposure sure 67 corporations including Union Carbide, Huntsman Petrochemical, Texaco Refining BASF, NRG Energy, ConocoPhillips, Dow Chemical, Foster Wheeler USA, and Marathon Oil.
Contact a Chambers County Attorney
Accidents result in lost wages, medical bills, and medical suffering. If you are injured in Chambers County, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Chambers County lawyer who can help obtain the compensation that you need.