Glen W. Morgan
800-765-5801 (Toll Free)
1994 Laird v. E-Z Mart Stores, Inc. – $30,000,000 verdict
Rape of store employee by third person. Inadequate security.
1991 Cimino v. Raymark
Consolidation of asbestos trials in the Eastern District of Texas. 166 cases were tried to 2 juries in two courtrooms. Personally tried 12 cases and achieved the highest individual award being $3,500,000 for single laryngeal cancer case. The total verdicts for the cases personally tried were $8,708,000. The verdicts were against Celotex, Pittsburgh Corning and Fibreboard.
1998 Wrench v. Pittsburgh Corning – $12,000,000 verdict against Pittsburgh Corning. 5 workers (2 non-malignancies, 2 lung cancers and 1 mesothelioma).
2000 Parsons v. Owens Corning – Orange County – $16,000,000 settlement after 2 weeks of trial. 7 workers (4 non-malignancies, 1 other cancer, 1 lung cancer and 1 mesothelioma).
2000 Edwards v. Pittsburgh Corning – Jefferson County – $52,000,000 verdict against Pittsburgh Corning and W.R. Grace. Five workers (4 non- malignancies and 1 lung cancer).
2001 Douglas v. North American Refractories Company – Orange County – $30,000,000 verdict against NARCO. 6 workers (4 non-malignancies and 2 lung cancers).
2001 Bell v. Dresser Industries – Orange County – $130,000,000 verdict against NARCO and Dresser. Five workers (2 non-malignancies, 1 other cancer and 2 lung cancers).
National Law Journal; Thirteenth largest verdict in the U.S. in 2001
Established the Donald E. Morgan Scholarship at Lamar University at Beaumont, Texas, in honor of my father for offspring of ironworkers or other deserving and qualified students.
Established the Morgan Charitable Fund to help area charities.
Established and permanent board member of the Cris E. Quinn Charitable Foundation in honor of law partner recently killed. The purpose is to continue different community projects that were important to Cris in our area of Texas.
Established a teacher initiative program at Monsignor Kelly High School in Beaumont, Texas, to keep qualified teachers and attract the best teachers for a better education.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Toxic Torts
- Products Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Jones Act
- Premises Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Federal Employers Liability Act
- Labor and Employment
- Business Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 1978
- Lamar University
- B.B.A. – 1975
- The Travelers Indemnity Company, et al and Common Law Settlement Counsel vs. Pearlie Bailey, et al, 08-295 & 08-307 (Supreme Court of the United States)
- State of Texas vs. The American Tobacco Company, et al, 5:96-CV-91 (United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas – Texarkana Division)
- Speaker, Developments with the Creditors Committees, Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Conference, Chicago, IL, 2002
- Speaker, North Brothers, a division of National Service Industries and Honeywell a/k/a North American Refractories Company, PALS Seminar, Dallas, TX, 2002
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Member, Beaumont Police Officers Association
- Honorary Member, Texas State Building and Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO
- Honorary Member, IBEW Local 479
- Honorary Member, International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 399
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Texas Monthly’s Super Lawyer Section, Top Texas Lawyers, 2006 – 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2006
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2008 – 2010
- National Law Journal Top 50
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Associate Director, 1986 – 1994
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA), Director, 1994 – 2005
- Southeast Texas Trial Lawyers Association (SETTLA), President, 1994 – 1995
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
- Jefferson County Lawyer Client Reconciliation Committee
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Texas Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Industrial Accident Board Special Advisory Committee on Pharmaceuticals, 1987 – 1991
- Lamar University Foundation, Board Member, 1987 – 1997
Pro Bono Activities
- Established the Donald E. Morgan Scholarship at Lamar University at Beaumont, Texas, in honor of my father for offspring of ironworkers or other deserving and qualified students.
- Established the Morgan Charitable Fund to help area charities.
- Established and permanent board member of the Cris E. Quinn Charitable Foundation in honor of law partner recently killed. The purpose is to continue different community projects that
- Established a teacher initiative program at Monsignor Kelly High School in Beaumont, Texas, to keep qualified teachers and attract the best teachers for a better education.
- Delta Theta Phi